all posts post new thread

Kettlebell One arm swing - form check please

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Dean

Level 5 Valued Member
Hi everyone,

At the link below is a brief video of my attempt at the one-arm swing.

I'd appreciate any feedback on my technique and what I could do better. In particular I would like to know whether I might be leaning back a little too much at the top (as I seem to experience some tightness in the lower back after a swing session).

Thanks
Dean

Thanks

I see a visible hinge which is good..

What I'd like you to do better is allow the free than to move

(swipe backwards during the hike and return to "guard up" as you approach the lockout)

Overall a good start

Hi everyone,

At the link below is a brief video of my attempt at the one-arm swing.

I'd appreciate any feedback on my technique and what I could do better. In particular I would like to know whether I might be leaning back a little too much at the top (as I seem to experience some tightness in the lower back after a swing session).

Thanks
Dean

Thanks

Nice swings, @Dean !

I see a tiny bit of lean back at the top, but your movement looks good -- I'd say just brace your abs harder.

Be explosive early in the upswing and use your power breath earlier -- as the bell is coming through your legs. Really exaggerate the "early" breath until it becomes a new habit.

Hello Dean!
I’d say that’s a very good start!
It may be the angle but it looks like you’re not squared at the set-up. Try keeping your shoulders squared and as Anna said tense your abs and lats harder.
Hope this helps.

I will leave the form out because it’s not that bad. Seeing your inhalation before swing, it looks like a chest breathing pattern.
Instead of drawing your stomach in, try to expand it and maintain that throughout the swings. It might keep your lower back healthy.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom