all posts post new thread

Old Forum Overcoming Strength Imbalances of the Legs

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Schrodingers Cat

Level 1 Valued Member
Greetings,

I have developed a strength imbalance in which my left quadriceps are weaker than my right due to an old injury.   I am more than one year post surgery and have been cleared by my surgeon and physical therapist to engage in weight training activity.

I have spent many months working on the double KB FSQ which helped to correct the imbalance significantly.  I have now moved on to the back squat.  My BSQ form was check by a coach and I was told form was on spot even at higher intensities.

The problem arises when volume increases to 20 to 25 reps total of working weight.  I believe that I am subconsciously putting more weight on my right leg letting the left leg take it easy.  Due to this I have developed some mild inflammation in my healthy knee.  The  vastus medialis of my left leg is visibly smaller than that of my right.  I should note that the strength imbalance does not include the hamstrings or glutes thanks to a diet of heavy swings.

The best thing to do would be to see a FMS for an evaluation.  However, I live in a very rural area and there are none available.  After the inflammation in my right knee has healed does anyone have suggestions for corrective exercises?

I greatly appreciate any help.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom