all posts post new thread

Old Forum Partial or Full TGU's?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

zenodog

Level 4 Valued Member
When I do TGU's, I've been stopping at the lunge position and then reversing.  If I stand full up, it goes  well on the way up.  On the  way down, however, I will sometimes tweek one of my knees.  (must be some kind of form fault.).  Anyone else have this problem?  Any suggestions?

Jim, which knee, and exactly where on the way down do you tweak it?   A video would be helpful, of course.

The most common form fault I see as people start down is not stepping back far enough, which could  put more stress on the front knee.

-S-

Jim, like Steve said it sounds like it could be you not stepping back far enough, especially if the knee is not bothered on the ascent. You also want to make sure to descend slowly, knee should just tap the ground.

Only way to be sure is a video

Thanks Steve.  Thanks Andy.   The suggestion to step back farther before lowering down makes a lot of sense.  I was not paying attention to how far I stepped back.  It was inconsistent which knee would get tweeked.  I must have had some strange knee angles on the way down.   I never felt anything on the way up, only going down.   Do you put more force into the front leg or do you do you push with both legs?  Do you put any twist into either leg or hip?  Thanks.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom