all posts post new thread

Old Forum Pavel: Top set and back off set enough?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Iwan

First Post
Dear Comrade Pavel and Comrades

I am currently in search of a good training system to follow for long term. I have Pavels books and I like his ideas but I have a specific frame in my mind.

My goal is to increase my strength in my favorite lifts and gain mass along the way in a efficient and longer lasting manner.I favor whole body programms were I Include all main movements planes. My favourite currently is the BIG6:

Squat, Romanian Deadlift, Bench Press, Row, Military Press, Pull Up. I did this twice the week which is the frequency i need for each lift.

I thought of wave cycling my lifts top set and adding one back off set after it. The first set will be AMRAP set to reach Prs. The second set will be 80% of the first set to add a higher rep set.

Any input on this one? Thank you guys.

if your objective is to gain strength then higher rep sets and amrap is off the mark.  you are better off sticking with low reps, more often, think Easy Strength.

Stephan, one top set and one back-off set is a solid approach for the SQ and the DL—to use for a period of time and then switch to something like 5x5.

It is very unlikely you will make progress on your presses and pullups that way.  Not enough volume.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom