all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Planking with my Daughter – How to train

Essexman

Level 6 Valued Member
My Teen daughter has taken a interest in planking with me. Tested last night, max hold of 30 seconds. She hasn’t taken any interest in training before, so I’m cautious not to make it boring or too hard for her. I thought that I could try and make it a bit of fun, maybe make it a bit of a game?

So has anyone any suggestions please!

Does she have a competitive personality? Maybe make it a competition with the old man.

Does she like grinding away at stuff? focus on the progressive overload.

Does she just like spending time with the old man? Just make it a fun hangout time.

I thought this was a gun club post and it said "plinking with my daughter" and pictured dad taking his daughter out to the rifle range for the first time with a .22 rimfire.

I blame astigmatism.

I was using this for a while:
The app seemed questionable as far as privacy was concerned, so I deleted it, but I enjoyed using it

I took my daughter (7 years) to a cross WOD a few weeks back and we had a blast.
My daughter loves to rope-climb and do pullups, quick burpee-sessions are also always fun.
Apart from that, I guess when you want to steer your young into training, keeping things interesting is crucial. So I think you'll need a lot of different exercises because she'll get bored from just doing planks really soon.

Back
Top Bottom