all posts post new thread

Old Forum Posting etiquette

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

cl2606

Level 1 Valued Member
So I would like to reply to someone with a recommendation about a book that they may find useful for their training.  However the book is from DD and I'm not sure if it is appropriate to recommend.  Would it be okay to post?  This forum doesn't have private messaging (at least not that I saw) otherwise I would just PM the person.

Seems like a childish question/concern but I'd rather err on the side of respect.

Thanks

Curt

I have to just say that I appreciate the question. I have a little Q and A and people ask all kinds of questions about how to do other people's programs or ask me to explain part of some other book. I feel, sometimes, that this is out of bounds (if the question is twitchy).

I think that DD has some great books and I recommend them practically every day. But, your concern is really a rare thing in the age of the internet.

Hi all,

This thread is worth bumping.  So much to say, let's number the points:

1)  cl2606, Sir, you are a gentleman.  What tough ethics you believe!  Helping a friend but not offending a community.  When I grow up I want to be like you.

2)  Thanks & congrats to StrongFirst for providing this forum.  Great new company.

3)  This forum enticed me to participate, just for the quality.  What fun!

4)  It says "Ladies and Gentlemen Only" and "Strength Open Forum"  That should be enough.

5)  Let's keep the quality high.

6)  Buy and read most of the books and DVDs.  Honest pros deserve payment.

7)  Controversy is fun.

8)  Factual statements about physical reality is better.

9)  Humor is not appreciated in this camp.

10)  Counterarguments are OK -- mobility first, or endurance first, or whatever.

11)  If you have a point to  make, put it on one thread.  One poster thought kettlebells were overhyped.  Fair enough, but post it once.  Instead of every thread.

12)  Identify yourself.  I happen to be a habitual amateur.  Don't confuse me with a newbie or a professional.

13)  Read this forum.  It's already a glute-load of information.

14)  Don't ask redundant questions.  There's already threads about which brand of kettlebell to buy.

15)  Everybody who posts has access to the internet.  So please have a hint of a shimmer of one day hoping to have a clue of a dream of asking something intelligent.

16)  That said, I'm not ashamed to ask dumb questions if I honestly don't know.

17)  Re-bump old posts instead of starting your own.

I like to end on a Fibonacci number.  Please add your own thoughts on keeping this forum high-quality!

18)  Don't embarrass yourself with math incompetence.

19)  If offering advice, stick to what you know firsthand or have researched deeply.

20)  If Pavel or one of the instructors posts a reply, wait a few hours or a day before adding to the thread.  I like to skim the posts for any "official" answers.

21)  Understand how forums work.  If Brett Jones takes the time to make a brief comment, and you add your own comment, and Brett doesn't comment again, that doesn't make you smarter than Brett.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom