all posts post new thread

Old Forum Preferred Kettlebell?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Brandell

Level 2 Valued Member
From my understanding Strong first prefers perform better Kettlebells is this correct?  Is there any major difference or issues with the ones from Rouge?

I don't think there is a preference really they just carry that brand as it has a certain uniformity they like.

Brian, I have both brands, all ordered within the last year - a 16kg and 24kg from Perform Better ordered through the SF page, and a 20kg from Rouge.  They are very similar.  The handle width and size is the same as far as I can tell.  The paint is slicker on the Perform Better and if you like to go without chalk, the Rouge might possibly be better for that.  I honestly can't say which I prefer - the Rouge is a little prettier as far as the markings/details, but the PB has a rubber bottom which is a really good feature if you're using them at home.

Thanks for the detailed answer Anna. I have to go "cheaper" cost wise for now as I rebuild my garage gym. Single 24k bell to get started and move on from there.  Seems Rogue has the best price right now.

I just wanted to make sure the handles were close in size and from the research so far it looks like most manufacturers are on the same page pretty much in that regard.

Hey Brian.  I tried to reply earlier, but it was lost when I tried to publish.

I have 10 Rogues and a pair of Punch bells.  IMO, the Rogues are the best value dollar for dollar.  The feel is very similar to the Punch bells.  After a year, my more frequently used Rogues are wearing through the powder coat in a few areas, but they still feel fine.  When it arrives, inspect the handle.  My Rogue handles have been inconsistent.  If you find any powder coat boogers or flat spots, get in tough and Rogue will send a replacement and allow you to keep the original for $1/lb.  Can't beat that!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom