Press Bro Diaries

Antti

> 4k Posts
Haha, only the first part for now. I am nowhere near of competitive numbers in any of the powerlifts.
But, as Faleev said, the reason for competition wasn't winning or ranking at a certain spot, but to enhance the development.

Still, I of course understand your decision. There's no hurry. Not that one should delay the competition either, if one wishes to compete in the future. In the end, enjoyment is paramount.

Mirek

> 1k Posts
But, as Faleev said, the reason for competition wasn't winning or ranking at a certain spot, but to enhance the development.

Still, I of course understand your decision. There's no hurry. Not that one should delay the competition either, if one wishes to compete in the future. In the end, enjoyment is paramount.
Well, a lot of people are saying a lot of things. Do you think there is some merit in the notion that the competition enhances development?

WhatWouldHulkDo

> 1k Posts
Do you think there is some merit in the notion that the competition enhances development?
Speaking purely for myself - it's purely mental, but competition is what keeps me going. There are plenty of days when I go train purely because I love to train. But, there are definitely days when I go in to train because I know I need to if I want to compete, even if I'm not feeling up to it. And there are days when I go train because I remember how good it felt the last time I competed, and I want that feeling again.

It's not for everybody, for sure. But I solidly believe in the benefits of competing.

Antti

> 4k Posts
My plan to start (first part of the equation of) Faleev must be postponed for a couple of more days cos the whole family contracted something like intestinal flu and I can't get farther from the couch than to restroom, certainly not to the gym.
Ah... getting lean before bulking... calorie cycling... very clever!

Mirek

> 1k Posts
Nice to see you back. How did the barbell treat you?
Thank you Antti. Barbell treated me really well and I am not yet done with it.
It's just that for the time being I can't figure out any meaningful schedule that includes it.

Last edited:

Mirek

> 1k Posts
Not exactly daily but an update anyway.

Doing daily swings, 10 - 15 sets of 6 reps w/ 32. They became significantly
better after not much more than a week; crisper and more powerful. I'll probably
work towards 10x10 per day.

Everyday I do presses or bu presses, or even GUs.

Thinking bout it, I am coming dangerously close to S&S.

Also, I realised that I completely missed the issue of the very new book,
The Quick and the Dead, coming out of the SF womb. I shall read it soon.

Last edited:

Mirek

> 1k Posts
I've bought Q&D book for Kindle yesterday and am reading it through.
I like it overall (especially its emphasis on longer-then-usual rest periods, haha)
and might give it a try. It seems to be a good fit for my current situtation:

1) three short bouts a week and yet not swimming in my own sweat.
2) my own bodyweight (114-115 kg nowadays) is perfect according to power push up test,
so no need for resistance bands. I was actually surprised I can do 20+ push ups.
3) I only have 2 KB so 32 for one arm swings, 40 for two hand ones
4) pressing is covered via push ups and it would be actually interesting to see its effect
on KB press power/strength

I'll finish the whole book and then decide.

Last edited:

Mirek

> 1k Posts
My intention today was to to apply "10x10 reloaded" section of Q&D book
to push ups. Well, after sixth set I had to stop since the power was no longer there.
So, formally:
6x10 power push ups
Really exploded as much as possible on each and every rep. Pretty intensive.

Mirek

> 1k Posts
early morning did:
oas 10x8 @ 32 on the three minutes
Really like that format, only minimal sweat and
feeling stronger afterwards

Working slowly towards 10x10. I think I am not yet prepared
for full blown Q&D programm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom