all posts post new thread

Old Forum Programing Help

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Silverback61

First Post
Hello folks, I am a long time follower of Pavel and have many of his books and DVDs as well as the older DD K-Bells 35 through 106. I am 2 months shy of 53 and need to make some changes to my training because I am feeling the effects of my age. My favorite lift is the Deadlift and I have achieved a 505 pull, but still want more. For barbell work I only care about Deadlifts, Overhead Press, and Squats. I would appreciate help with a routine that allows me to get strong on the Barbell lifts and the major K-Bell lifts. Thank you for any and all input.

I'm honored to have you respond Pavel.

Not 90%, but I have this from about 2 months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXxw22dP9M

Nice pulling, Glenn!  Try to get your glutes into action right at the very start; practice short lift-offs about 3" for several reps with 315 or so.  And focus on keeping the bar closer with your lats.

How did you train your SQ and DL up until now.

Strong stuff, Glen!

For what it's worth to you, I have found (I'm 59) that I can still do most published routines.  The major change for me is adding additional recovery time, typically adding extra off days towards the end of a cycle.

-S-

Nice pull.  Consider alternating heavy pulls and squats.  One heavy press day plus arms than a higher volume bodybuilding day for shoulders and such. So heavy press plus arms, heavy pull plus volume squat the hypertrophy upper.  So Monday Tuesday Thursday. Lots of rest.

Forgot the kb lifts.  On heavy press begin with heavy one arm work and use double press volume on next day. Swings can be added my was since lower body has a week to rest. Yes these are broad ideas but I much prefer templates to programs. My life is so nuts I'm not even sure I lift anymore

Nice work Glen.  What have you been doing?  Chances are that you simply need more recovery now.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom