all posts post new thread

Old Forum Programming for Deadlifts

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

zBarrons

First Post
Im looking to finally hit a 600lbs dead lift and I read dynamite deadlift in which they suggest using kettle bell swings. In my last cycle I used kettle bell swings as a finisher (4 or 5 sets of 10 with a 44kg bell) but I was wondering if there was a more effective way to program swings into my workout to reap all possible benefits. As I said I can swing a 44kg bell for sets of ten without much difficulty and that's the heaviest bell I have access to.

Since your deadlift is way higher than mine, I'll leave the suggestions to others. However, it would probably help people if you let us know what kind of program you are doing for the Dl, and other lifts. Then they could give better suggestions on how to program the swing for assistance.

I will mention you can make a T handle device for a few bucks from some plumbing pipe. You can then load it with plates  from 0 up to about 150-200 pounds. Great inexpensive way to work 2 hand swings.

Zach, make sure you are doing one-hand swings with that weight - get heavier if you want to do two-handed.  The T-handle device would be good for you.

-S-

I made a T-handle last year using 1-inch pipe. It will hold up to 6 plates; however, regular diameter 45 lb plates are difficult to swing as they can occasionally hit my legs. My gym has 2 smaller diameter 45 lb plates that I will use along with 35s and 25s. I would post a picture of it, but I can't seem to figure out how...

Zach,

I pull conventional and over-speed swings using a band have helped improve my DL.  1-2 x's a week for 3-4 sets is what I have done in the past (reps usually around 5).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom