all posts post new thread

Old Forum Programming: Perform in parallel or in serie?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CyberPunk

First Post
Hi everyone,

I'm a 40 year old sedentary desk jockey looking to regain my youthful strength and fluidity of movement. Over the years I have accumulated several of Pavel's books (and unfortunately never put them to use), but I'm changing that as we speak.

I do have a question about the programming of these. For example should I follow PTTP, Super Joints, The Russian Kettlebell Challenge in parallel or in sequence?

I have access to a commercial gym with barbells, dumbbells and lighter kettlebells.

Thanks

Wow. I would suggest you do something...anything. There is a small study that says most people just need four sessions a week of 13 minutes of walking. That's it. Compliance for most people on this is zero.

So, from going from well informed and not doing it to well informed and doing it is a larger issue for you that the search for perfection. I would argue that you KNOW exactly what to do. Here:

Goblet Squat

Swing

Turkish Get Up

Four times a week, then get your 13 minute walk in. When you do this for two straight months, I will then walk you through the perfect program.

ive been following your writings Mr. Dan John for years now and it really is gold for people to hear the message. My wife is due in 6 weeks with our second girl, first being 2o months. I work 12 hour night shifts and we bought a new home that I've remodelded for the girls. We don't sleep I'm pretty sure. But here's the point, I love the barbell and tried to hold onto it until I remembered you saying just show up. Barbell is rusty but tossing around my 32's has brought back great memories if when I was an RKC. 20 minutes at lunch and I'm done. Doesn't hamper sleep and keeps my options pretty dang simple. So, follow the wisdom and show up.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom