all posts post new thread

Old Forum PTTP,Deadlift Dynamite or Intervention?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

gatorbait

Level 5 Valued Member
Were a deconditioned athlete wanting to begin strength training with iron; should they stick with a classic like PTTP or consider investing in one of these new releases?  (Interested in responses from the authors as well as SFG certified instructors.)  Thank you.

PS-Very excited about this endeavour and community!  Thanks for making your knowledge  available!

I doubt any one has read my book yet, it came out, basically, yesterday. I never know what to say in these kinds of forum questions. I just finished a three year process of writing a book and I am asked if I should recommend it.

If I say no, I am too stupid for words.

If I say yes, I'm ignoring the roots of this book, including PTTP.

As I noted in a lecture a week ago, "Either/or" is the lowest form of understanding in the sports/fitness/health world. It is also the worst kind of theology, but I digress. I am a "both/and" person.

I have read PTTP and Deadlift Dynamite.  I just started Intervention.  PTTP is great for its simplicity.  Explains the two exercises and how to use cycles effectively.  You can't go wrong with it.  Great for a person starting out who just wants to increase their overall strength.

Deadlift Dynamite focuses on the deadlift, but also explains the squat and Bench Press very well.  It covers how to create cycles and use them effectively.  It is probably geared toward people who are interested in power lifting, but could be used by the average joe who has no interest in competing as well.

As I just started Intervention, I can't go into much detail yet.  Probably a more all encompassing book in terms of a lifetime of strength training success.  Making sure you know what your goals are, is your routine gonna get you there, managing compromises to avoid overtraining , finding any gaps in your training that may cause you problems down the line.  By reading the Intervention book, you may realize that a PTTP program is what you need to be doing now, then reassess a little down the road to see if things have changed. I don't think there is a "do this, do that" routine in Intervention, but again I haven't finished it.

Also, Deadlift Dynamite is only an ebook at this point.  I don't think you will be able to buy a physical book until January if I remember correctly.  Not sure if that matters to you or not.

Mr. John,  where can we get your new book?

Jason Belisle, SFG

Sandan (3rd deg Blackbelt)

Bushidokan Martial Arts Federation

Fernley, NV

http://www.davedraper.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DDI&Product_Code=DJIB&ID=DJ

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom