all posts post new thread

QD regimen supplement

KCCollins

Level 1 Valued Member
I love the Quick and the Dead, but need to incorporate squats and rows to get more of a full body routine. Because I ruck on days other than QD, how should i incorporate squats and rows into my QD day to get all 4 exercises in? Goals are full body strength to assist in my rucking. I have had knee surgery and KB Sumo squats are about the only squat or lung that dont cause prolonged pain, thats why i am limiting myself to the squat, fyi.

id appreciate any help.

I love the Quick and the Dead, but need to incorporate squats and rows to get more of a full body routine. Because I ruck on days other than QD, how should i incorporate squats and rows into my QD day to get all 4 exercises in? Goals are full body strength to assist in my rucking. I have had knee surgery and KB Sumo squats are about the only squat or lung that dont cause prolonged pain, thats why i am limiting myself to the squat, fyi.

id appreciate any help.
depending on your time constraints just do them after or on an off day.

No negatives to doing something after QD?
It's not that bad either way. but I like my ballistics work to be fresh.

In the grand scheme of things a Q&D practice fits very easily into some peoples' warmup(with room to spare); in their training.

You may find that you prefer a break in between, or that you like to feel fresher so you take a day off. but, I can't think of any prohibitive reasons to not do it immediately after. I wouldn't do it before; because it would affect my ballistics practice too much, to be conducive to my goals. but, after, do whatever you need to keep things headed in the right direction.

I've always liked a walk after strength training, so if your rucking isn't too hard, then I'd put the strength training on the rucking days.

Don't forget you can always move it around, too, e.g., once a week lift after Q&D, and another day lift before rucking.

-S-

Back
Top Bottom