all posts post new thread

Old Forum Question to Pavel, authors or instructors

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

t.h.h.emmanuel

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi!

I'm really thankful for all the great books and DVDs by Pavel that I've had the plessure to read and watch. I went from below zero to (at least my son's) hero in three months after laying my hands on "Enter the Kettlebell". I would recommend every person I meet to read at least "Power to the people!", "The Naked Worrior", "Relax into stretch" and one of the kettlebell books. The problem is - few people in Sweden would read them, no matter how enthusiastic I am. People aren't that comfortable with the language and not that into training as I am.

I've seen how people treat their bodies in the commercial gyms and how bad instructors instruct and wish to become a force of change in the Swedish quest for health a couple of years from now.

And now to my honest question:

How does an instructor/writer advice a client/reader to follow one of Pavel's programs without making the client/reader  buy the book?

Since they're not going to read it, somebody has to tell them about the content in a spoken or (for the sake of their memory) written form. I would do it in their native language to make them understand. How does one do it in an honerable way without illegally profiting from someone elses work? This must be an every-day-dilemma for an instructor writing down the prescribed sets and reps of each exercise from an existing program to a newbie?

I'm an academic kind of person, and know how to reference to written media. However, what I'm talking about is not something resembling an essay saying: "In his book "The Naked Worrior", Pavel write that strength is a skill and should be treated accordingly by practicing the lifts instead of tiring out the CNS with too many reps per set". What I talk about is giving much more information than that.

I'd appreciate any advice - even "talk to a lawyer, butthead!" :)

Best regard, Henke in Sweden

Henke, welcome to StrongFirst!

If the person is not willing to carefully read a book, he or she definitely needs an instructor.  We have some top notch kettlebell instructors in Sweden, including Senior SFG Tommy Blom.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom