all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Recon Ron Pullups.

Zagor

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi, Folks!! Anyone here already did the Recon Ron pull up method?

I'll start it, but I'm with a doubt and fearful that I may start this training wrong (and maybe get a injury).

Actually I'm doing 10 pull ups ( that I've achieved with the Fighter Pull up program) and I'm working my way to 15 pull ups for a PFT that I'll do!

My doubt is about the rest between the sets. There in the program they said that you can do the whole training in 10 - 15 minutes, but they say that you can have all the time you want... So, I'm a little lost here.

What is the best way? because in The FPP, you do a kinda of GTG during the day , maybe I should do it in the Recon too? Any advices?

Thanks a lot!!

I'll start it, but I'm with a doubt and fearful that I may start this training wrong (and maybe get a injury).

Actually I'm doing 10 pull ups ( that I've achieved with the Fighter Pull up program) and I'm working my way to 15 pull ups for a PFT that I'll do!

My doubt is about the rest between the sets. There in the program they said that you can do the whole training in 10 - 15 minutes, but they say that you can have all the time you want... So, I'm a little lost here.

What is the best way? because in The FPP, you do a kinda of GTG during the day , maybe I should do it in the Recon too? Any advices?

Thanks a lot!!
You'll find people on here that have had success with both. I like FPP, but I also like making it into an every-other-day program instead of every day. Still works just fine.

Thanks a lot!!
I did it while deployed in Iraq. I was attached to a MARINE Unit and had to be able to pass their requirements. It worked well.

I used it specifically to train for Marine OCS at the end of college. Started at 7 pull-ups, followed the program for 6 months and got up to 19. I never timed my rest, but it definitely wasn’t less than 2min between sets.

That was before learning anything valuable like is on this forum. Approaching it now, I know that pull-ups for me were always a major psychological struggle (I didn’t grow up very strong). So doing a high rep program helped that aspect, as opposed to the FPP. I’d do something like 3-5min rests too.

I still use the formula off and on for other calisthenics stuff (volume of first two sets = volume of last three sets).

Back
Top Bottom