all posts post new thread

Barbell Reload - Lift Weight Question

rambam

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi folks,

I completed 1 minimalist reload cycle focus on 2 lifts, Deadlifts and Bench Presses. This was such a good program to break from a plateau after roughly 18 months on PTTP. My DL max went from 195 to 200 KGs. My BP max went from 117.5 to 120 KGs. If helpful, I am roughly 73-75 KGs.

As a I am retesting my 80% 1RM maximum reps, I got to 10X160 KGs on the DL. Will test the BP soon. My question is what weight should I use for the BP. 80% of my max is 96 KGs. Should I use 95 KGs, 100 KGs, or use the little plates too and make it 97.5KGs?

Thanks!

Hi folks,

I completed 1 minimalist reload cycle focus on 2 lifts, Deadlifts and Bench Presses. This was such a good program to break from a plateau after roughly 18 months on PTTP. My DL max went from 195 to 200 KGs. My BP max went from 117.5 to 120 KGs. If helpful, I am roughly 73-75 KGs.

As a I am retesting my 80% 1RM maximum reps, I got to 10X160 KGs on the DL. Will test the BP soon. My question is what weight should I use for the BP. 80% of my max is 96 KGs. Should I use 95 KGs, 100 KGs, or use the little plates too and make it 97.5KGs?

Thanks!

thanks! so now for DL increases, I am at 3% so that is 6 kgs. If I go up to 7.5 kgs with the little plates, I will be doing 3.75% (closer to 4%) jumps. If I go down to 5 kgs, that would be a 2.5% jump. Which one would I choose?

thanks! so now for DL increases, I am at 3% so that is 6 kgs. If I go up to 7.5 kgs with the little plates, I will be doing 3.75% (closer to 4%) jumps. If I go down to 5 kgs, that would be a 2.5% jump. Which one would I choose?
there should be a test in RELOAD that goes over how to choose the jumps. Generally though, the newer you are the smaller the jumps.

I would look at you’re starting 5x5 and your goal 5x5 and fill in in between with jumps that make the most sense with plate math.

Or buy fractional plates. What’s your smallest jump available?

I would look at you’re starting 5x5 and your goal 5x5 and fill in in between with jumps that make the most sense with plate math.

Or buy fractional plates. What’s your smallest jump available?
1.25 kgs

Yeah then I'd just do 95kg. The difference between 95, 96, and 97.5 is really pretty trivial.

My rule of thumb is just like rounding in school. 96 is closer to 95, so it would round down. If 80% was 96.5kg, then I'd round up.

Back
Top Bottom