all posts post new thread

Old Forum Relocating to Abilene ...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Al Ciampa

Level 7 Valued Member
Folks,

Anyone in Abilene have a gym/club, or conducting any training?  I'll be there later this month.

Thanks.

Al

TX. 

Al will be sorely missed here.  An absolutely First Rate Mind, a Training Machine, and all around GREAT guy.  Our loss is Abilene's gain.

I can't answer your question, but I was born in Anson, 20 miles north of Abilene.  My grandparents were cotton farmers out there.  I haven't been to Anson since they died.  Good ole Anson.  What takes you to Abilene?

John,

Greatest thanks.  Our tour together has been my pleasure!

Jeffrey,

Work ... a promotion.

Well, I practice with my kettlebells at home so I may not be the most reliable source. There are the standard box gyms (Planet Fitness, Anytime Fitness, Gold's Gym, and Powershack) here as well as a variety of crossfit boxes. One that is locally owned that is smaller and less crowded but is nice is called Firehouse Fitness. The owner took a old fire station and converted it to a gym. Here's the website: www.firehousefit.com  Otherwise, I don't think there are any SFG or RKC instructors in town. The closest one's are in the Dallas area or in Lubbock. I figured you moved due to work. . .not many people move to West Texas for the scenery.

Otherwise, welcome to town!

Thanks Derek.

I'll be on the ground there in a couple of weeks.

I guess that I am going to have to start up a ketttlebell club ...

Al,

I'm up the road about 3 hours in Lubbock.  Holler anytime you're up this way.  Welcome to the neighborhood!

Jason

Jason,

No chance of any workshops in Abilene per chance? I haven't had any instruction from a certified instructor so I've been having to either buy instructional dvd's or read books. They don't give you feedback on your form though.

Not to brag or anything, but Anson is home to the Texas Coyboys' Christmas Ball.  Anson was also the inspiration to the movie Footloose.  I don't think Amarillo or Abiline has anything to match that.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom