all posts post new thread

Old Forum Resilient strength?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Matt

Level 3 Valued Member
I have two quick thoughts I was wondering if anyone had ideas about :

Firstly I've just had two weeks off training, travelling etc and have noticed that I have both lost weight and a bit of strength.  Same thing happened about a year ago when I did the same thing (travelling).  My training now and then were different - this time I had had 6months solid 5days a week kayaking plus a mixed kettlebell/medium deadlift (one day) routine.  Wondering if this quick drop (though not drastic - 1rpm max might drop 20%, to be expected with "jetlag" etc, and not sure how quickly it will return as I will likely tweak my routine, and concentrate on ironing out persistent imbalances in my core) is a reflection of my strength routine pre-holiday?

That got me wondering what sort of strength system would be the best if you couldn't use weights/kbs.  Running or sprinting, some pushups I guess, chins if possible, getups maybe - and how far would that get you?  Just wondering - I guess after two weeks off I am looking to tweak my program and also wonder about program efficiency.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom