all posts post new thread

Old Forum Results from Pavel's 8-week BP and DL program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Marshall Roy

Level 1 Valued Member
Testing day after Pavel's 8-week DL and BP program. Set it up like a practice PL meet, giving myself 3 attempts per lift. I am very confident that if I bring up my back strength, my DL will take a big jump. In my failed final attempt with 565, I could feel my legs trying to blast the weight up, but my back was out of gas.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/doOrL8V10_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/doOrL8V10_k

Very impressive! Your bench form is rock solid. Great results, especially considering you did not have a lift off or a spotter.

Marhsall, good lifting!  Are these published programs - and if so, please post a link - or some of those experimental ones?

Thanks very much.

-S-

Steve,

It was the experimental ones for BP and DL. For my SQ, I followed Austin's quick peak cycle from the SFL manual. One squat day per week, heavy but low volume. Four weeks of 2x4, four weeks of 2x2. The final two sessions were too much for me so I switched them to singles to save strength for DL training.

Pavel,

Certainly. Previous PRs were SQ 475 (competition), 500 (gym); BP 315; DL 540.

Overall I added 20lbs to my BP, 10 to my DL, and had it been a sanctioned meet, 55lbs to my total.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom