all posts post new thread

Old Forum return to the kettlebell

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

lokate

Level 4 Valued Member
I thoughts i know the most book from pavel but yesterday i saw a book called return of the kettlebell.

I read some reviews and it seems a very good book. Why is it that nobody mention this book?

For me as martial artist it seems great to build explosiv strenght.

Does any one hans doen this routine or have more information?

I own the book, bought it a few months ago. It looks like some great stuff and am looking forward to trying it one day.

The opening line is enough to deter most people from doing the routines in the book. In the book, Pavel says if you aren't capable of one arm pressing 1/2 your body weight with either arm and achieving 200 snatches in 10 minutes with a 24 kg KB then close it and don't come back until you can...

In other words, it's a book for advanced KB practitioners. Everything is based off of double KB movements such as cleans, jerks, presses, snatches, front squat, and deadlift.

I'm not sure if that's why it's not mentioned much but that's my guess!

Tyler is right.

IT is a phenomenal book. IT is not for beginners at all. I have owned the book for a few years and have read and poured over it. I just follow Pavel's advice that Tyler posted above. I am not ready yet...

If you are looking for an entry to Double KB work I would recommend Kettlebell STRONG by Geoff Neupert.

It's a good read, IMHO, even if you don't follow the program in it - you will learn some things about programming, about hypertrophy, and the like.

-S-

Thanks guys, i have read to that you have to finish the rop frist. But think it has maybay some good advice in general.  But still, i cant believe that i never read about that book before.

Just curious,  are these workoutpaul short and simple or are they very time consuming?

Well, I mention it all of the time, it is a fantastic book. It it a horrible (in a good way) program. Front Squats and LC C&J are the most excruciating exercises I know of.

I have followed the program twice
- once with 24kg kettlebells as "max" and this is way to light!.
- once with 32kg as "max".

When you can do 5 presses with the 32kg give it a try. I would not go lighter, 32 kg is where the magic starts to happen.

Personally after having done the TTC (Total Tension Kettlebell Complex) I actually don't see a reason to pick RotK (as a program) in front of it. But the book is definitely worth getting and reading. Also I would not go lighter than 32 on TTC.

Wim, they are simple. They are <45 minutes, I do not know it that is time consuming in your book or not.
When I did S&S I did workouts in <20 and thought it was resonable pace.
When I did TTC one of the sessions was 90 minutes. I thought it was a resonably pace then.

When i read it all i think time is not the problem.  I think i a not strong enough yet. I think i will take the advice from pavel and other.strenght and try to stick to s and s even it does like it looks to simple

EDIT: When you can do at least 5 presses with 2x 32kg give it a try. I would not go lighter, 32 kg is where the magic starts to happen.

Double-kettlebell work is more than twice as hard than single bells.

The Kindle edition is $4. Even if I never get to the level of strength to do the programs as written, just the knowledge and insight I gained reading it makes it so valuable. $4 is a steal. I'm looking to reach the simple goal of S&S, then do ROP and then  KB Strong to get proefficient with double kettlebells. I'm only 26, but it seems like it may be a long time before I ever try RotK. I still would recommend it for any one who trains with kettlebells, especially at that price, just read it on your smartphone or something with the kindle app.

I think thats a good idea,  i can press the 24 for reps and cant imagine to do that with the 32.

So i Just have to get stronger to. Still thinking between the rop and s and s because i get a lott of conditioning from my ma training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom