all posts post new thread

Old Forum rkc deep six good for martial artist?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

lokate

Level 4 Valued Member
it seems like a very good and complete supplementary traning for martial artist.

i dont want to get bigger or loose much weight, only using it to trim my body from a little bit of fat, but not to much;-)

i just want to get a little bit stronger and work on my muscle endurancanyone have experience with this workout?

and if so, what are the results? and can you do this workout 2 times a week?

k

just

Master SFG Jon Engum mentioned a story about how a pro boxer used this as part of his regimen for a rematch against an old rival... to cut the story short, he knocked out his opponent.

http://www.strongfirst.com/topic/is-the-rop-better-then-ss/

What will you do when you run out of programs to ask about?

thanks mark, and jason, its just a simple question, i thought that is why a forum exist.

and the rop in combination with my mma training takes to much time and it gives not what i am surching for.

every now and then i aak myself is this what i want and then i try to find other ways. i think i am not a guy who want to stick to specific routines for a long time.

Wim, what helps me is to have a training plan for the year or even 2, I set out different programs that I want to do, though they may change sometimes based on a number of factors. That helps me to stay focused on the current program and also look forward to a new challenge. It might be worth you trying such an approach, I would have thought discipline is very central to the practice of martial arts and sticking to a program is just that, discipline.

Once you have a spent a year or more trying various programs, you will be much better placed to judge what you enjoy, what works and what to avoid.

wim, being an mma practitioner for a time, my humble 2 cents is don't always skip programs, keeping things simple and sticking to the game plan are often more rewarding

Okay, thanks guys, it will be hard to do I think because I get bored fast. I know that to make progress you have to stick to a routine but then again I am not training for that specific reason, I mean to only workout with kettlebells or something like that.

I just want the training to be effectig and off course I have to like what I do. I think the biggest problem is that I never have payed much attention to strengthtraining on the first place.

When I was younger and competing I never thought by myself I wish that I had worked on my strength. Now with Internet it seems that you cannot be a good martial artist without strengthtraining. Deep in my heart I know that isnt so, I am the proof of it. I still can spar with guys half my age and its not because I am stronger.

So maybay I do surch to much on Ineternet and just have to follow my own feeling. Thanks for reacting guys.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom