all posts post new thread

Old Forum ROP and Rows

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

jhpowers

Level 6 Valued Member
I'm continuing to do the ROP.  At present, I'm using a 20kg bell for both ladders and swings.  I'm close to moving up to the 24kg, but will probably get a little derailed as I'll be traveling for two weeks over the holidays.

I'm not doing the pull-ups because I have a shoulder AC joint issue that gets aggravated with pull-ups, but in the past I've been able to do rows without difficulty.  It seems like some people have mentioned substituting rows for pull ups as a pull to compliment the press in the ROP.  I'm curious about who has done this and whether there is any downside or reason not to.

Hello James Powers,

You might find that it's too much for your lower back, especially if you do them without support. Keep in mind that there already are three pulls in RoP: swing, clean and snatch.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest try changing grip on your chins and also double check that your form is nailed down. Try perhaps Pavel's Fighter Pullup form, i.e., the hollow position, if you haven't done so already.

Good luck.

Thanks, that's a good thought.  My lower back is my other week link.

Where can I find info on Pavel's Fighter Pullup?  I leafed through the Naked Warrior and ETK and couldn't find it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom