all posts post new thread

Nutrition S&S + diet

What kind of diet are you running in conjunction with S&S?

• Ketogenic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Low carb

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • High carb / low fat

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

cmerrow

Level 6 Valued Member
Hi, all -

I’m just curious what dietary approach(es) you’ve found successful while chasing the Simple goal.

For example, I am currently enjoying the Primal diet very much.

I’ve had a couple of great conversations with a couple of other forum members, so I thought this would be an interesting poll.

Thank you.

I did IF for a while. Then when I started working with the 32 I started eating a lot and gained about 8 kg (This was a decision I made).

As I'm also preparing for an SFG and ince I'm above the lower weight limit, I decided a few more kilos in my frame would make my life easier. My pants still fit by the waist, not so much by the legs.

My gut really started feeling better after starting on a high fibre diet of eating at least 40g of fibre from "real food" a day. I feel happier, stronger and only need to use the bathroom once a day. :)
Getting +40g of fibre a day is not that easy. That's about 1kg of boiled potatoes, 100g of oats, 100g of lentils, 100g of shredded cabbage, 2 carrots, 2 onions, a banana and some peanutbutter. Even when eating around 2300kcal a day for weightloss that's a lot of food, and you still need protein. I try to eat 200g of protein a day.
So it's basically cottage cheese, lean meat, eggs, protein shakes, protein pudding and the above vegetables everyday for me. It's not that bad, just takes about twice as long to eat a meal compared to eating sandwiches, pizza, fatty meats and pasta. And that's a good thing I think.

My three "go to" recipes are:
500g of boiled potatoes
250g of cottage cheese
20g of swedish caviar (salty smoked fish roe with dill)
leeks+cucumber
100g of brown rice
100g of green lentils
2 carrots
1 onion
about 30g leeks
a bit of lean ham or sliced chorizo
100g of shredded raw cabbage
sriracha
just boil everything except the cabbage and hot sauce in a pan with 4dl of water, then add the cabbage and hot sauce)
100g of oats
1dl whey protein powder (chocolate flavor)
some milk
mix and put in the fridge over night

still chasing the "simple" goal though...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom