all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S is a great program, thanks Pavel and StrongFirst!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

somanaut

Level 5 Valued Member
Bought S&S earlier in the year (can't remember when exactly, but was before july). Started the program halfheartedly (I know nothing about strength training, other than what I have been forced to do in kendo, which i played until I was 30), left it and then came back in august, and loving it. Just this week I transitioned from a mix of two hand swings to only one hand swings with the 24kg. Buying a 32kg one this coming week.
Anyway just wanted to say that I really like the program, first one I have been able to stick with for more than a few weeks, and these forums are much appreciated.
Keep up the good work!
Jesper

Thanks Pavel!
S&S has done wonders for my lower back, which have been troubling since my mid twenties (nothing shows up on xray or (F)MRI).
Just did a pair of TGUs' with the 32kg (was hard but felt right), and have starting incorporating a few one hand swings with it aswell. As a newb to strength training and a skinny one at that (179cm, 65kg), never thought I would get this far.
Thanks again for the way you explain things Pavel, and the way you set up programs. It's for lack of a better word highly empowering.
Side Note: I am looking for some mobility drills and I am browsing Super Joints aswell as Relax Into Stretch at the moment. Looking to generally increase mobility, but also for something to counteract the many hours I spend in zazen.

Last edited:
Synergy between GTG Naked Warrior and S&S.
I was visiting my parents during the holidays, and was playing around with pistol squats and assisted one arm push ups (one arm further out to the side), since I did not have access to kettlebells. Did 3 (each side) of each described exercise 3-4 times a day. Did a round of S&S with the 24kg the day before yesterday to start off easy, and 5 days away from S&S felt hard even with just the 24kg. Yesterday went back to the 32kg. 1st and 6th set was with 2 hands, to warm up and form check, rest was 1 hand...and were powerfull, felt like I was using the 24kg. TGU warmed up with the 24kg 1 rep each side, short break while moving bells and setting up...then did left-right-left-right with the 32kg 2 min break and repeat. Before holidays I used to take breaks between TGU's with the 32kg. It was hard but doable. Especially the up lunge position was way more stable, leg power, and the pressing motion was also more controlled, excess power. In conclusion: took a break, worked on pistols and OAPU...came back stronger. The programs and methodologies that StrongFirst and especially our chairman Pavel T. have shared with us are awesome!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom