all posts post new thread

Old Forum S&S Substitute Workout - Very Quick...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jason Paul

Level 3 Valued Member
I work out at home in my back yard. I'm probably not going to do TGUs and almost certainly will not do swings inside the house. I'm not comfortable with it, and the wife already wants me dead, so...

Anyway, there have been a handful of times that I wasn't able to get in an S&S session. It's 30 degrees outside and raining. Or, I'm just not up to a full workout, but want to do something.

Point is, I need a quick workout to do inside the house, preferable quietly in my bedroom.

Here's what I've done a few times and I like it.

2 x 5 goblet squats

2 x 5 windmills

I'm pretty comfortable doing these in the house, even though there's a slight concern about the clean/push press for the windmill. I can finish this all in less than 10 minutes, or break it up and do one drill, then the other a little later.

Again, this is a quick workout in a pinch, and isn't designed to replace the standard S&S workout. I think I've only done it twice in the last two weeks. When I can't get in my normal S&S session, it's still nice to do something.

Any thoughts or comments on this, or other suggestions?

Forgot to mention that I may try TGUs from floor to high bridge next time instead of windmills, if I have the space. The windmills need less room though.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom