all posts post new thread

Old Forum S&S Swings AM Getups PM?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Chris

Level 1 Valued Member
I have been trying to search the forum but can find if this question has been asked.

Easy Question :)

Due to time restraints of picking the kids up to and from Child care i can only get 2 x 20min slots daily to get my work out done AM/PM. I was thinking doing the mobility and swings in the morning then getups in the afternoon. Does this fit the program ok? thoughts?

Thanks

It's all practice either way you slice it. My wife is doing S&S right now and loves it because of how time efficient it is

5 minute warm up

5 minutes of swings

10 minutes of getups

Total = 20 minutes

Throughout the day she does some of the drills from Original Strength and that takes her maybe 3-5 minutes. Splitting them up reminds me of the previous version of the Program Minimum where the swings and getups are on different days all together.

It's not wrong, it's just not S&S as written but still practice.

Thanks Mike for the reply.

Going up to the 32kg at the moment so swings are taking about 10min and the getups are about 15-10min i am currently doing 24,32,32,32,24 for both.

Takes just a bit too long before I get need to get to the car get the kids :( lol

Chris, just use the bell that allows you to finish in the allotted 16 minutes. Fix the time and let the bell be the variable. Slow the rate at which you wedge the 32 in there.
We can move up in bell then work the time back down into the standards. Or we can fix the time and vary the rate at which we bring in the new bell. Or we can keep to the time standard and jump up in bell by reducing the sessions per week and working them back up.

Chris the answer for your question is yes.

Swings and mobility drills in the morning will recharge you for rest of the day. Get ups in the afternoon or evening will be as a cooldown.

By the way short mini sessions are beatiful way to training :)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom