all posts post new thread

Old Forum S&S time to 32kg

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Gravytrain

Level 5 Valued Member
Any idea how long should it take someone to progress from 16kg to 32k doing the program 3-4 times a week?

i know there is tons of variables but for those who have done it how long did it take?

Well, for what it's worth, I started with the 16 kg for getups nine weeks ago, and am now pretty comfortable with 24 and plan to start with 32 next week.

I have been doing the program 5-6 times a week.

For me, getups are progressing faster than swings, but I am progressing swings gradually since working up to 7 sessions each week is more a priority for me at this point, than getting to Simple as fast as possible.

A counterpoint: Me. I've been doing it 4-6 times a week since the release, am only recently doing all the get-ups with the 24kg, and just four of ten sets of swings with the 32. Those four sets feel like a street fight, and when I consider the idea of doing get-ups with the 32, well, it feels a bit remote and alarming, still.

Actually, I sometimes find myself in bed at night or at work, just thinking about that 32kg with a combination of fear and awe. Not that it bothers me; I don't mind it taking as long as it takes, and it's fun to feel like I'm slowly making myself worthy of an inanimate iron ball. But the takeaway is that any expectations I had about how long progress should take ran off of the sides of the 24kg and 32kg long ago and were absorbed by the earth.

Very good observation by Nick, it’s about the journey not that destination. Sometimes not thinking about results just speeds them up.

And Nick, it’s healthy to be intimidated by heavy kettlebells.

David,

I started with a 20kg on the 27th of Nov and progressed to the 32kg in Jan.  Obviously everyone is different and I think that Nick brings up a great point.  I still drop back to the 24kg on day's when I am tired and find those sessions refreshing.  There's definitely something to progressing at your own rate and dropping back for technique checks & refreshes.

Just make sure you are swinging properly before you make chasing numbers a priority.  If you are asking this question I assume you are self-teaching?  You can do it but  definitely post some videos at some point for evaluation.  I made the mistake of jumping up in bell size before my swing was really dialed in and it sort of forces you to go back to the smaller bells and work your way up again.  good luck!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom