all posts post new thread

Old Forum S&S - what to do on days w/o kettlebell access

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ron_boston

Level 5 Valued Member
I'm in my 3rd week of S&S (now on 7x10 2h swings @ 24kg, and 5x1 TGUs @ 16kg) and trying to do it 4-5 days/wk.

My question is: let's say that on a given day I don't have access to my kettlebells (for example, I'm traveling). I don't want to skip training entirely, but obviously I have to do something different, and I want to do something that will keep me on my S&S progress so I can leap right back in.

What would you do as a S&S substitute for a day if you had:

1. only yourself (bodyweight)

2. a typical hotel gym (some dumbbells, a basic Cybex or similar machine, etc.)

If I find I'm away for a few days and don't have access to any equipment I usually use for training, I usually just use this time as active recovery with walking, maybe rent a bike, practice gtg some naked warrior progressions, go to a park and do some pull-ups, etc.

You could always buy a Kettleclamp but your progression is not really going to falter in a couple of days. A bit of R&R usually benefits more than it hinders.

I go away three or four times a year for a few days up to a week and while in a hotel just try to sleep well, make good food choices and relax and usually come back feeling energised to start where I left off with boosted energy levels from a little break from the norm.

i guess everyone's different though!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom