all posts post new thread

Old Forum sandbags with water (travel training)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

lsalasl

Level 5 Valued Member
A water-filled sandbag that can hold up to 120lbs -- interesting for travel convenience: http://www.ultimatesandbagtrainingstore.com/products/dvrt-systems. Has anyone tried it?

This seems like a potential travel tool for heavy swings, loaded carries, and maybe getups. What about other exercises like presses, squats, and even snatches (yes, people snatch these things, at least when they're filled with sand)?

The water would make it challenging -- whether in a good or a bad way I'm not sure. What are the cons of training with something like this? I know I'd rather use iron, but that's not always an option.

haven't checked it out so I can't comment.  if you are looking for anytime anywhere strength look to your own body.  An SFB instructor can help you with this or even better would be to go through the course itself if you can.  you won't even need to worry about packing it on the go and can train anywhere any time with anything and everything or if you don't have access with nothing at all.

I've already taken the course. You're right, bodyweight training is an awesome travel option but when I have to travel, I can rarely find something overhead to pull on, I need to add weight to get strength benefit from pistols, and I don't know a substitute for swings (maybe running the stairs, but I'd prefer to train in my room and stay with predictable swing program parameters). The swings matter most to me since skipping them for a week has a noticeable impact.

Provided the water doesn't make things too different, I was thinking I might be able to use this bag to provide a close effect to kettlebells, which would be nice for someone on a KB program.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom