all posts post new thread

Old Forum SF Barbell Instructors Cert

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

TEGRAY89

First Post
Hey Guys an Gals,

I was just flicking through the certs pages and noticed that the Barbell Instructors Cert has changed since it was originally posted.  It now focuses on the Powerlifts, with Front Squat, Zercher Squat, Good morning, Military Press and "several bench press variations" as accessory lifts.

Gone are the Power Clean, Power Snatch, Over head Squat, Push Press and Jerk.
I was wondering what the reasons behind this were? are the moves no longer "Party Approved"? or is there going to be SF Barbell Level 2 that teaches these moves (within party lines)?

Tom

On top of my head Im thinking that the powerlifts might offer more in way of difficulty to award rating than most. Most people will get more out of them I think.

Kind of like ETK PM vs RKC PM.

Pure speculation on my part, but since Jeff O'Connor was originally a big part of the barbell workshops and he recently announced he will not be able to be part of the future SF workshops in that capacity.  He may have been the one who would have taught the techniques that were removed.

Again, pure speculation on my part.

Tom, the moves are definitely "approved" and there will be another cert covering the Olympic lifts—Level 2 barbell cert (no timeline at this point).

Jeff O'Connor who was supposed to develop the barbell cert left StrongFirst.  Doc Hartle and I took over.  Principles and exercises are universal but Doc and I have a different preference in the way and the order of presenting them.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom