all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed SF Routine combining Kettlebells, Barbells & Bodyweight

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Ken_

Level 4 Valued Member
I just attended a SF Barbell Course, and asked if there were any routines that combined all three modalities, as I have now attended all three courses. They said that there was one written by Pavel in one of his books.

It consisted of barbells once a week, kettlebells twice a week, and bodyweight twice a week.

Does anyone know which book this comes from? They thought it might have been PTTP 2.0.

This one roughly fits the bill: Occam's Razor, an ABAB plan.

"For the next six weeks I dare you to do only four exercises: kettlebell swings, Zercher squats, handstand push-ups, and weighted pull-ups." + some TGUs and Goblet Squats as warmups.

Other than that the Total Package Weekly Template could also be adapted to the modalities:

And the newest Quarantine plan by Fabio Zonin is also really flexible. It includes KB swings on inbetween days, and 3 variations (each) of squats, upper body pulls and pushes.

Edit: Oh, and of course as minimalist as it gets: The Quick and the Deadlift... Swings, Pushups and Deadlifts.

Last edited:
@Bauer, thanks for those links.

BTW, the barbell component of the routine I mentioned above followed a 2-3-5 rep plan with deadlifts, squats and military press, increasing the weight every week (every two weeks for the press). When you can no longer do the five reps you drop that set and continue with 2-3, and so on until you're just doing one set of 2 reps. You stop when you reach your 2 rep max, and start another cycle at about 70% of the 2 rep max weight.

Does this routine sound familiar to anyone?

@Bauer, thanks for those links.

BTW, the barbell component of the routine I mentioned above followed a 2-3-5 rep plan with deadlifts, squats and military press, increasing the weight every week (every two weeks for the press). When you can no longer do the five reps you drop that set and continue with 2-3, and so on until you're just doing one set of 2 reps. You stop when you reach your 2 rep max, and start another cycle at about 70% of the 2 rep max weight.

Does this routine sound familiar to anyone?
Not familiar with the split, but that sounds like an excellent base in which you could add KB and BW skills of your choice learned at the courses.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom