all posts post new thread

Old Forum Should I keep my TRX and clubbell?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Toby

Level 5 Valued Member
I have a power rack, barbell and 2 Kettlebell in my home gym. I used to use my TRX a lot back when I live in a small unit, anchor the TRX on the door.

I am thinking of selling my TRX. It is not becos I need money but It kind of bug me when I see it around in my gym. Keep having thoughts like... Mmm... I am not really using the TRX..mmm..what should I do with it?

My training is very minimal now and don't really need any TRX moves.
Things that I still do sometimes:

Dan John's favourite "Stone Stretch"
Tricep press
Pike
One of Coach Dos's favourites: anti rotation

What are you doing with your TRX?

One other thing I can think of is to get TRX's mobility program or pilates program. But isn't it more distraction?

Also, my friend gave me a pair of 2KG clubbell cos he accidentally got two pairs.
Should I pay it forward or find some video to learn? They have been in my house for 3 years collecting dust. Guess I can use them to fight off robbers though. Touch wood.

Toby, pack the TRX and put it under the bed. Once you get rid of it, you'll start to find need of it. I needed TRX most when doing naked warrior or any bodyweight stuffs. I still find need for it today. Sky's the limit for TRX.

Ok, if the Kb's you already have are less than 32 kg, go for it. Plus it's easier to make a homemade TRX.

Keep the TRX. I don't know about you but I have destroyed more suitcases than I can count from traveling all over. The TRX can be a useful tool when traveling but can also be useful with kettlebells. Some of my favorites are hitting a 4 week cycle of swings and atomic pushups/rows etc. It was also a good way for me to hit single leg modalities. Lunge, jump lunge, pistol, and on and on. I vote keep it and save up for the 32kg.

Thanks, Matt?

The buyer had some pet problem and need to use the money for vet bill instead.

So, what's your favourite TRX moves(lift? drills?)

Im about to head on a two week trip after several weeks of S&S (I'm not looking forward to time off S&S) and will not be able to bring my kettlebell.  I have a TRX and was looking to work on the Naked Warrior goals for those two weeks (I'm not even close to a proper OAP or Pistol).  Does anyone have any recommendations on workouts with the TRX to advance towards those goals?

Do I just use the handles to perform assisted pistols and inclined OAP's or are there other movements that help?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom