all posts post new thread

Old Forum Simple and Sinister - My Results

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

yadmit

Level 5 Valued Member
My ultimate goal is to succeed and aquire SFG1. That is my plan. Holding me up is my hip/low back. However, I am making progress. I am taking a few days off of practice to get some physio for the ol' hip.

Rest is a good thing, too.

I started this on February 3rd and feel the results.  I started with Monday, Wednesday and Friday and about a month later bumped it to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.

The differences I notice include feeling leaner and more 'solid.' If that makes any sense. I haven't checked my body fat percentage.  It seems I did drop a bunch of weight.  On February 18th I weighed in at 193 pounds.  On March 12th I weighed 183 pounds and seem to have maintained that weight.

I have now moved up to the 24kg bell for the swings and the TGUs with the intention of reaching the Simple goals.

I also feel I've become stronger, which is the whole point, right?

Now to deal with the hip. Boo-ya

Tim, great to hear about your gains!  Please post your review on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Kettlebell-Simple-Sinister-Pavel-Tsatsouline-ebook/product-reviews/B00GF2HP9G/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

what is wrong with your hip and back?

And done.

As for the hip/back, a couple of years ago I did something to it that caused me more pain than I'd ever experienced in my life.  I'm not even sure what I did.

Something seems to be wrong with the hip flexor cluster according to chiro and physio.  So, a few chiropractic treatments, physio including IMS, ART and standard treatments along with movements (Goblet Squats, Frogs, etc) have helped. But every so often it seems to flare up again.

Some doctors don't seem too interested in solving the issue.

Tim, ask the docs about swings and goblet squats.  It is not fact you should be doing them right now.  Heal fast!

Thanks!

Conveniently one of the physiotherapists I visit is a kettlebeller.  He suggested swings were a good idea.  Goblet squats feel pretty good to me and I think may have actually helped the situation.

I wonder if I jumped in too fast with trying to reach my goal.  Slowing down before I get too carried away might be a good idea!

Tim, if you are unsure of the quality of your current PT then some criteria to find a new PT for a 2nd opion would be one who powerlifts, uses SFMA, dry needles

Hi, Daniel...

I'm more concerned with the thoughts of my doctors... I like both I've dealt with, however, I don't think they understand the power of the bell.  One gave me a prescription and kinda looked at me funny when I told him bells are my method of health...

The PTs and Chiro I go to are awesome.  I seems in these parts finding a doctor who is a lifter of any sort is rare.

how do you know your PTs and Chiro are awesome? you had a problem a couple of years ago and the same problem is still holding you back.  maybe with different treatment you wouldn't have a hip or back problem now

Hey, Daniel...

I have tried a bunch of different treatments.  Some have worked better than others.  It's the chiros and PTs that have helped make a difference.  The doctors are more my concern.  Neither seemed to really take an active interest in my healing whereas the PTs and chiropractors have.

Tim, it was a good call to go to a doc who understands kettlebells.  Ask his guidance for adjusting the load as well.

Thank you, sir... I actually frequent Keith Weber's physio clinic where I live...  he personally hasn't worked on me, but a couple of others in his clinic have.  They both seem to have a great understanding of kettlebells... in fact, the first Turkish Get Up I ever did (without and grace) was in his clinic.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom