all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Sports watches for training…

Amazfit gts 4 paired with a wahoo tickr x (polar h10 coming soon for comparison). I wear the gts4 when running but take it off for weight and kb training though I activate it to track my workout connected to the chest strap. The zepp app provides some metrics the company purchased from the now defunct Mio Labs, which made some nice wearables in the last decade - PAI (personal activity intelligence) over the last week, training effect both aerobic and anaerobic for a given training session, full recovery time, current fitness age, and total training load. I also use a coresense for morning hrv readings and abide by those daily findings. When it tells me to rest, I have an active recovery day... Little liss and mobility. When it tells me I'm ready to train I listen.

Last edited:
Garmin Forerunner 255 (would love the Fenix. But man it's expansive). I used an apple watch few years ago but the bad battery life was driving me crazy. Than switched to an MiBand5 from Xiaomi. It was a good little fitness device with good battery. After i found out that the garmin watches have also incredible battery life and a few interesting features i got one. I love it. For Kettlebell Training i bought a Chest Band from Garmin. Works really good. I start my workout on the watch and my chestband tracks all the work.

Got a new fenix 6 pro for relatively cheap 18 months ago. Bezos algorithms worked hard.

I use it for everything, but I turn it around for KB work, watch face is on the inside of wrist. And I've got a glass face cover as I bash it when bouldering. The little face covers are great, inexpensive, and I've broken one when bouldering. Replaced it in 30 seconds, watch looks like new.

Back
Top Bottom