all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Starting weights

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Asim

First Post
Dear all,

I have read Simple and Sinister and I cannot seem to find this information anywhere....apologies if I have missed it (but I did look again and again).

As a man, should I start with 16kg for both swings and get-ups? Should I also start with 2 arm swings?

Any help would be most gratefully received!

Thanks

Suggested starting weights are on page 16 of S&S revised and updated. 16& 17 have guidance on practicing the movements before you jump into the program progression starting on page 59.

Pg 16 "Start light, but rapidly progress to kettlebells you would describe as "medium".

"Practice your swings in sets of 5 to 10 reps"

So, yes, start with 16kg and 2 arm swings, but soon progress to 24kg 2 arm swings once you feel competent. Then try 16kg 1 arm swings, then 24kg 1 arm swings.

Practice kettlebell deadlifts along the way with each weight. They will set you up for success in the swing.

Get-ups unweighted, and try the shoe get-ups (they are also really are good practice and will set you up for success!!) Then 16kg.

Dear all,

I have read Simple and Sinister and I cannot seem to find this information anywhere....apologies if I have missed it (but I did look again and again).

As a man, should I start with 16kg for both swings and get-ups? Should I also start with 2 arm swings?

Any help would be most gratefully received!
usa today protonmail
Thanks
Start with 16kg and 2 arm swings, but progress to 24kg 2 arm swings once you feel competent. Then try 16kg 1 arm swings, then 24kg 1 arm swings.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom