all posts post new thread

Old Forum Stretching tips/reading?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CharlieJay

Level 2 Valued Member
I recently posted something about how my body has gotten tighter in the last couple of years. I really need to organize a course of action. Of course I will be reading all of Pavel's books on the subject but if anyone has any other suggestions, I'll be sure to look into them.

Of course Pavel's Super-Joints, Beyond Stretching, and Relax into Stretch, plus Flexible Steel (Jon Engum) and Secrets of Stretching (Tom Kurz).

Definitely get Pavel's Beyond Stretching DVD series - I watched it many, many times. It has everything you'll need.

Charles-  Listen to Pavel's interview with Tim Ferriss [See other recent thread on this forum].  Pure flexibility gold.  Sorry...it's a long interview and I don't know the time when he talks about it.  But I'd suggest a great and simple starting point is listening to the Podcast and then working on the two Simple & Sinister flexibility drills Pavel has in the book.  At least this is the course of action I am taking...

Charles (and everyone else), I have a page dedicated to Pavel's flexibility and joint health materials here:

http://www.kbnj.com/flexguide.htm

It give a one-paragraph or so description of each of the things Pavel Macek mentions except the Kurz book - I have read Kurz's material and don't find it nearly as user-friendly as anything of Pavel's so I generally don't recommend it.

-S-

<a title="Kettlebellcenter stretching exercises" href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=822800734448324">Kettlebellcenter stretching exercises</a>

Maybe these stretches after every session, Relax Into Stretch rules may apply(read the book).

Okay...I didn't realize how rad that Beyond Stretching DVD was. I'm watching clips from it on YouTube. I'm gonna have to get it.

I liked the book "Stretch to win" by Ann Frederick. Nothing has worked so well for me in terms of instant success and longevity of the improvement. They use small movements going in and out of the stretch in combination with breathing. The speed is dependent on the purpose whether you want to warm up  or relax the muscles afterwards.  Since the breathing is synchronised with the movement it is either stimulating or very relaxing. I also enjoyed that many stretches are demonstrated by gigantic football players.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom