all posts post new thread

Old Forum stronger but not increasing weight?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

TravisS

Level 5 Valued Member
This morning I was able to get 100 swings and 10 TGUs in the 5/10min limit using a 24kg but don’t feel like I “owned” the weight. I felt like it was still a bit of a challenge for me. I’m in no hurry to move up in weight, I would rather master the weight I’m working on.
Should I start mixing in a 32kg or wait until I feel like I’ve mastered the 24kg before I work in a 32kg?

I always feel you should mix in a heavier bell to get the feel for it. It will at the least make the 24 a new experience.

Keep the weight the same or add a set like the book says - whatever....then retest later in two-ish weeks...The more important thing to do is to make your breathing and cues better - remember it is simple concepts first that require sinister dedication to following the rules.  Relentlessly

If I don't feel like Pavel looks on his cover page of S&S after my S&S session, then the weight is too heavy.  Look at Pavel's pic on the front cover... look how squared up, aligned, hips pushed through, tall, feet grabbing the ground, legs straight, shoulders down where they live, connected and not strained he looks - make your swing 'Pavel pretty' 100 times.  This is the weight you should choose. 

It is not a race, don't overthink yourself, you can ebb and flow a bit with weight as long as it follows the rules of "moderate"----I have been there...your training attributes.  Enjoy

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom