all posts post new thread

Special Events - General Strongfirst podcast?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

flightposite

Level 6 Valued Member
Afternoon everyone, I was just wondering what happened to the Strongfirst podcast? I really enjoyed Craig Marker and his guest.
Especially the episode with Chad Waterbury.

Any plans for future episodes?

For those that may have missed some of these a while back.

Breakthrough secrets was in the same vein, 2 Strongfirst instructors with a good variety of guests. They finished it up a year or so ago but still good value

True, not quite the same vibe with just Mike though for whatever reason.
If you have some suggestions for Mike, PM me... I'd be happy to put together some feedback to give to him. I have some thoughts myself and would help to have someone else to bounce them off of.

I was just listening to the Dan John episode on my evening walk and LOVE his definition of minimalism!

If you have some suggestions for Mike, PM me... I'd be happy to put together some feedback to give to him. I have some thoughts myself and would help to have someone else to bounce them off of.

I was just listening to the Dan John episode on my evening walk and LOVE his definition of minimalism!
If I can solidify them into something coherent I'll send them through, it could be as simple as the fact that the two of them simply asked questions that went in different directions.

Tease... what was it?

Being constrained, and intelligently overcoming that constraint.

You get more focused when you can only have X amount of time, X amount of exercises, X equipment... etc. You get very focused, very fast, and thus get more out of your training. You also get creative within your constraints so that it keeps working.

Being constrained, and intelligently overcoming that constraint.

You get more focused when you can only have X amount of time, X amount of exercises, X equipment... etc. You get very focused, very fast, and thus get more out of your training. You also get creative within your constraints so that it keeps working.
Congrats on your promotion to Team Leader!!!

I just listened an episode of The Hammer Cast for the first time yesterday, it was okay. I haven’t listened to the old SF podcast, it’s in my backlog.

I appreciate all of the suggestions for new podcasts to catch-up on.
But does anyone know if the Strongfirst podcast will ever come back and or why it stopped in the first place. I haven’t seen as much from Craig Marker lately is he still with SF?

I appreciate all of the suggestions for new podcasts to catch-up on.
But does anyone know if the Strongfirst podcast will ever come back and or why it stopped in the first place. I haven’t seen as much from Craig Marker lately is he still with SF?
He is "instructor emeritus" last I saw.

He has been researching and writing a book called the fragility vaccine last I heard. He did an episode of the breakthrough secrets/strength connection a while back and talked about what he was doing now.

I just listened an episode of The Hammer Cast for the first time yesterday, it was okay. I haven’t listened to the old SF podcast, it’s in my backlog.
Yeah, it has some good episodes, but you have to trudge through many not great ones. I don't think he has found his voice yet or what he wants it to be yet.

Yeah, it has some good episodes, but you have to trudge through many not great ones. I don't think he has found his voice yet or what he wants it to be yet.
I believe it. He definitely talked a lot more than a good interviewer should in the one I listened to. Not so bad that it ruined it, but suboptimal. People underestimate how hard it is to be an interviewer.

I believe it. He definitely talked a lot more than a good interviewer should in the one I listened to. Not so bad that it ruined it, but suboptimal. People underestimate how hard it is to be an interviewer.
The only way to get good is to do it and he is doing it. In hindsight, "Trudge" was a bit harsh of a description.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom