all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Support and Tips for beginners

I PMed him too and never got answers. Well this puts some good articles back on the forefront if only that.
I'm wondering if the original poster is a spambot. Especially when they don't come back to answer the replies.

I asked ChatGPT to generate a post -- Sounds familiar.

View attachment 20679
Hello! I am infact a real person and you probably should not assume things. I was off on a short trip and was not able to check the forum. I appreciate all the help, and I have been using all of the advice these past few days.

Hello! I am infact a real person and you probably should not assume things. I was off on a short trip and was not able to check the forum. I appreciate all the help, and I have been using all of the advice these past few days.
I was glad to hear from Steve that you hadn't answered because new members can't receive personal messages. Feel free to PM me when you've been on here long enough to use them.

Well done for being committed to identifying and pursuing a modality. Rather than teach yourself, which is okay by the way, why not consider ways that calisthenics are used practically and pursue in that direction. i.e join the local gymnastics club, climbing club, parkour, martial arts etc. These activities will enhance your calisthenics goals and have the advantage of being social and fun. There will probably be experienced people willing to help with technique etc to keep you safe. If an activity is fun or you just enjoy hanging out with the other people you are more likely to remain committed. For calisthenics ideas I would of course suggest SF. Other rich sources are Tom Furman and Al Kavadlo. Results time frame wise is an open ended question. How often/hard you practice, diet, sleep are all big measurables that will massively influence outcomes. You have your whole life, so with dedication and focus, you will see results within a year if all other areas are addressed also. I hope you find a path you enjoy and can remain committed to with ease. You are at a great age to build healthy habits that will last a lifetime and bring many benefits. I wish I could be 13 again.

Last edited:
I'm 13 years old and have recently taken an interest in working out. Although I used to be able to do a couple chinups, I couldn't manage even one when I first started again. I began basic weight training about 5 months ago and made some progress with my chest and arms, but struggled with my back. Realizing that Callisthenics would be a better fit for me as a beginner, I switched to that routine. I'm happy to say that I'm now able to do a single pull up! However, I'm looking for a workout plan that won't take up too much of my time. Additionally, I'm curious about how long it takes to see results.
You’re 13 & this is your first post.
With this sort of attitude at your age, you’re going to end up a beast young fella.
You’re in a unique position where you can give everything a crack & see what works for you. My only advice is to actually give many things a crack, but be honest in your assessment of wether it works for you or not. The more things you try the more you’ll know.
I look forward to following your progress. Keep us updated buddy.

Back
Top Bottom