all posts post new thread

Swing + Press Sandwich Success Story

acutaiar12

Level 7 Valued Member
I hope everyone is doing well. I haven’t been very active on the forum, but I wanted to share this.

In January I bought the premium subscription of the StrongFirst app, and I’m very happy so far. I completed both part I and part II of the Swing + Press Sandwich program (12 total weeks) and am very happy with the results.

Before starting, my C&P 1RM was 36kg both arms, with my left arm being an RPE of 10.

For Part I, I pressed 28kg and swung 40kg. After 5 weeks, I pressed 32kg for 6 reps on my left and 8 reps on my right, weighing 87.6kg.

For Part II, I moved up to 32kg presses and 56kg swings. Today, I pressed 36kg for 3 reps on my left and 5 reps on my right with an RPE of 9 for both sides, weighing 84.5kg.

It was an awesome program and I’ll keep using the StrongFirst app for sure!

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven’t been very active on the forum, but I wanted to share this.

In January I bought the premium subscription of the StrongFirst app, and I’m very happy so far. I completed both part I and part II of the Swing + Press Sandwich program (12 total weeks) and am very happy with the results.

Before starting, my C&P 1RM was 36kg both arms, with my left arm being an RPE of 10.

For Part I, I pressed 28kg and swung 40kg. After 5 weeks, I pressed 32kg for 6 reps on my left and 8 reps on my right, weighing 87.6kg.

For Part II, I moved up to 32kg presses and 56kg swings. Today, I pressed 36kg for 3 reps on my left and 5 reps on my right with an RPE of 9 for both sides, weighing 84.5kg.

Excellent work and glad you are enjoying the StrongFirst App.

Excellent! Thank you for your report. We are very glad you like the StrongFirst App - more updates and exclusive programs are in the works!

Nice progress! How long did the sessions last in the Part 1?
Thanks! Part I has a lot of volume. My breath can recover pretty quickly, so my longest session was a little over 75 minutes. Only one session lasted that long though. Overall, sessions ranged from 45-75 minutes for me.

Hey, i'm closing in with the Part I with the program and wondering how did you perform the last week on press part? Is it just 6 reps with left and 6 reps with the right arm, like a deload before max rep atempt on the last day, or should you repeat 6 reps with both arms for 6 sets?

Back
Top Bottom