all posts post new thread

Old Forum T-Nation article on eccentric isometrics

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bjoern

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello everyone,

Great forum, daily read, dedicated smart people! I' m currently pausing my endeavor of reaching the Simple Goals, 32 with both moves on some of the sets all the time and on all Sets some of the time, not  there yet at cutting times. Been on this programme (S&S) for over a Year. I will stay, boredom is just negative talk for familiarity. The pause is just due to the flue. Anyway, I stumbled over this article http://www.t-nation.com/training/best-way-to-lift-weights and would be interested in knowing the party's opinion of eccentric isometrics. Thank you and best greetings from Germany where KBs heavier than a barbie doll are perceived as for far between mad people. Bjoern

It is a good training variable but the claims/benefits are a bit overblown IMO

I believe these used to be called paused reps and have been used for many decades with great success in strength sports. However, as with anything you can use it only for so long until you have to change things up in order to avoid stalling and keep progressing.

A side note: T-Nation is about selling. thus, they like to use extremes, especially in their headlines that are not even coming from the author himself.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom