all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Tactical Height

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Rif

Level 5 Valued Member
Elite Certified Instructor
I was teaching a Cert in San Diego a few years back and I was making fun of my stature, or lack thereof. Being 5'5" I was mentioning something about being " short". On my Team was an active duty Navy SEAL, who was the same height as me.

He stopped me and said " we're not short, we're tactical", the tall guys get shot first. So forever more I am not short but "tactical' size.

Here's a real life story about how not being too tall saved this Operators life

Delta Force’s Sergeant Major Colin Rich: A man protected by God’s grace | SOFREP

Hello,

Plus on some strength moves, being talk create a kind of less favorable leverage (OAC due to arm length), DL (the weight has to lifted higher) and so on

Kind regards,

Pet'

Reactions: Rif
sometimes true, as limb length vary. I am 5'5 but have the arm length of a 6' tall person

When I was running the survival training center at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, we had all of the BUD/S classes come through for high altitude parachutist physiology training in our altitude chamber. These were the guys who just made it though hell week, and I believe were between dive phase and airborne training. You would think that they would all be large, muscular PT stud looking guys but they were not. They were all in great shape, and nobody was fat, but in street clothes, there is nothing that would distinguish them from most other groups of young military guys. They came in all sizes. However, you knew that they were all tough as nails. When we put aviators through the altitude chamber, most would put their oxygen mask on as soon as they felt a little light headed. The BUD/S students simply would not go back on oxygen until time was up or they lost consciousness and we had to put the mask on them. They had a different mentality. Respect !

Reactions: Rif
Hello,

Finally, what matters is a kind of ratio between endurance (muscular and cardiovascular) / strength / power / mobility

Kind regards,

Pet'

When I was running the survival training center at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, we had all of the BUD/S classes come through for high altitude parachutist physiology training in our altitude chamber. These were the guys who just made it though hell week, and I believe were between dive phase and airborne training. You would think that they would all be large, muscular PT stud looking guys but they were not. They were all in great shape, and nobody was fat, but in street clothes, there is nothing that would distinguish them from most other groups of young military guys. They came in all sizes. However, you knew that they were all tough as nails. When we put aviators through the altitude chamber, most would put their oxygen mask on as soon as they felt a little light headed. The BUD/S students simply would not go back on oxygen until time was up or they lost consciousness and we had to put the mask on them. They had a different mentality. Respect !
It's always about strength of mind. Where the mind goes, the body follows. That's why I study these men, for how they think most of all.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom