all posts post new thread

Forum Business Tags and Categories ?

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

BillSteamshovel

Level 6 Valued Member
I found this Tagged collection of articles today by following a link in a post

What's the difference between Tags and Categories please ?

Can we place appropriate tags on our posts as we make them ? Any pages or previous threads I should look at ?

EDIT : A google search using the words strongfirst tag gives a listing of the various tagged items

Last edited:
.......... finally found out how to place tags on a post ....... underneath the Post title above is a little icon looks like two "luggage tags" just hit that to attach tags ................. should have opened my eyes a bit wider.

@BillSteamshovel, tagged articles are tagged by the editorial team here at StrongFirst. Our blog/articles are a separate thing from the forum, where we haven't made much use of tags. Personally, I've never tried to use them, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be a good and a useful thing, so I will investigate a bit more in an effort to learn how our forum uses them. Let's ask now, though - based on what you know, would you recommend their increased use on the forum?

-S-

@BillSteamshovel, tagged articles are tagged by the editorial team here at StrongFirst. Our blog/articles are a separate thing from the forum, where we haven't made much use of tags. Personally, I've never tried to use them, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be a good and a useful thing, so I will investigate a bit more in an effort to learn how our forum uses them. Let's ask now, though - based on what you know, would you recommend their increased use on the forum?

-S-
On some metalwork forums I have used it makes it easier to search for content and also its possible to map the interests of the users by the numbers of posts using each tag.

I'd suggest having some standard tags ie Turkish Get Up should be restricted to one label, however, at the moment I think there are several ways of abrreviating it and most of them are existing tags. ie TGU Getup Get-Up Turkish-Get-Up

So if we had a drop down list of Tags then we would be restricted to one code for TGUs. Of course one post could have several tags ie TGU, A&A, S&S for example.

I like being able to search the articles by the tags, started doing that recently and it can be useful to find all the Articles tagged as A&A or TGU or Press

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom