all posts post new thread

PlanStrong/BuiltStrong Talk Me Out of Going to BuiltStrong

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Denys Carthusian

Level 5 Valued Member
Reasons against:

(1) I'm busy during a chunk of the Sunday morning;

(2) I'm 58 years old;

(3) Its a lot money for us poor Canadians;

Reasons for:

(1) Inhaling Russian programming to a level previously impossible so I can micromanage my programming;

(2) Any geeky question I ask on biochemistry or physiology will be answered in kind;

(3) Its cheaper than flying to the same seminar with hotel;

(4) After listening to Fabio on a podcast I'm almost completely convinced;

(5) Might be able to break my addiction to Geoff Neupert's programming, at least temporarily;

(Feel free to add your own pro or con while I give the stink eye to my credit card)

1. It's repeatable
2. The various effort levels allow one to customize the approach further
3. If you followed the history, you see how even if you're on a deficit, it is still sustainable
4. It's principle based

Fabio was my Team Leader at the Dome in 2015. I helped out at an event in @SvenRieger and Luca La Torre’s terrific Sportcodex Gym in Stuttgart, Germany where Fabio was the “main event.” Fabio is one of the most genuine, kind, charismatic, smart people I’ve ever met. Also, he is enormously knowledgeable and a natural teacher. I’d go in a heartbeat, were I in your shoes!

Oh, and I’m 59!!

Having learned a lot from Geoff both from buying all his products and getting to attend his in person workshops years ago, I totally get your predicament

I did my SFL under Fabio in 2018 and have done some of his plans with pleasant results I can give you this analogy

The built strong minimalist plan is but a side dish.. doing the actual course is the main dish..

I have yet to do the plan strong and built strong courses but they are definitely on my to do list in the future

Haven’t bought Built Strong Minimalist as yet as I’m on week 4 of Simple Strength for Hard Times part 2. It’s a bloody brilliant program. I normally run density programs and have never run anything with PS/BS elements. I would agree that you should pick up BS minimalist and go from there..
My student is on that plan and he says he's always getting pushed to the edge but whenever I review the vids, rep speed is still consistent..

Great program Mark… I never run the part 1 version. Came to this via Giant 3.0. I’m conscious of energy demands from BJJ but this program delivers. Running the swing protocol on off days - and feeling really strong on it. Good body comp effects as well.. Bravo Fabio Z..

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom