all posts post new thread

Old Forum The Conjugate System for Athletes

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

1toughjew

Level 1 Valued Member
I've been studying the conjugate system, per Louie Simmons, for a couple of weeks now, and I'm looking to incorporate that method into my training.

I don't believe this protocol is only for powerlifters and just about anyone can benefit from this kind of training. I think the 4x per week template is a little much at this point though, especially as time is a factor for me right now.

So I'm thinking of 3x per week:

Day 1: max effort (different variations of big lifts done each week at 90%+ intensity)

Day 3: dynamic effort (explosive lifts done with bands)

Day 5: repetition effort (small special exercises, sled drags, kb swings, etc. done with high amounts of reps)

Any thoughts?

Also, I want to get Pavel's opinion on the rep effort method, as this normally involves ultra-high repetitions done to failure using single-joint, small movements. How could this be useful in training?

Thanks for the info.

Brandon, if you are training for powerlifting, read Louie Simmons' book, then study under a Westside trained coach.

If you are training for another sport, you are getting into deep weeds.  To the best of my knowledge, works by Prof. Dyachkov, the author of the method, has not been translated into English.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom