all posts post new thread

Nutrition The End of Dieting

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
I follow a guy online who is an MMA/BJJ coach. Great guy and puts out great content. He has read a lot of Pavels work. He has referenced the end of dieting by Joel Furhman as the best book he has read on nutrition. I have a sample downloaded and I’m in two minds to order a hard copy. Anyone read it/used the guidelines?

I follow a guy online who is an MMA/BJJ coach. Great guy and puts out great content. He has read a lot of Pavels work. He has referenced the end of dieting by Joel Furhman as the best book he has read on nutrition. I have a sample downloaded and I’m in two minds to order a hard copy. Anyone read it/used the guidelines?

I read it. I didn't think it was all that great but could see that for somebody overweight (the target of most diet books) it represented a reasonable approach. I see he has a new book due out next month, so if somebody really wants to buy in, that might represent his more current (not necessarily more correct) thinking.

I've read a few of Dr. Fuhrman's books and I generally like him. I don't agree with all of his conclusions, and I think his approach makes things a bit more complicated than they need to be, so I prefer Dr. McDougall's method. I really liked Eat to Live and Super Immunity though.

A fantastic resource on the subject is Jeff Novice RD and his presentations on Calorie Density. Much simpler to understand and implement. Unfortunately, as we all know Simple does not mean Easy.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom