all posts post new thread

[THE LATEST ARTICLES] Iron Monkey - Deep Six Challenge

A well-thought-out, battle-tested progression for achieving your 1-arm pushup.

A move you may never have tried before - good for your shoulder health.

A move you may never have tried before - good for your shoulder health.
My only gripe is my smallest bell is 12kg so it looks like I gotta snag another bell size down.

Written in the inimitable, and always well-informed style of @AleksSalkin, something everyone who intends to take the SFG should read, and the thinking about preparation it presents is equally applicable to the pursuit of many goals.

Written in the inimitable, and always well-informed style of @AleksSalkin, something everyone who intends to take the SFG should read, and the thinking about preparation it presents is equally applicable to the pursuit of many goals.

Many thanks for the kind words! I hope readers really enjoyed it.

Want to improve your press? Read this:

Break through a plateau in your S&S training (and applying the same principles will help with other programs, too):

Read - perhaps this is a plan you can use right now and for the next 3 months.

Training for your SFG Certification? Or just want to train as if you were?

Want a training program to help you get there?

-S-

-S-
@Jason Giles SFG - great article, interesting program that is going on my list of challenges for the upcoming year.

One question - when you prescribe "five clean and presses (long cycle)," does that mean performed without setting the bell down between reps, or performed as the GS long cycle C+J?

Probably a dumb question, sorry. I just haven't seen "long cycle" used to describe anything other than C+J. Thanks.

-S-
@Jason Giles SFG great article, thank you!

@Jason Giles SFG - great article, interesting program that is going on my list of challenges for the upcoming year.

One question - when you prescribe "five clean and presses (long cycle)," does that mean performed without setting the bell down between reps, or performed as the GS long cycle C+J?

Probably a dumb question, sorry. I just haven't seen "long cycle" used to describe anything other than C+J. Thanks.
I believe it is a clean before each press instead of one clean and 5 presses.

Back
Top Bottom