all posts post new thread

[THE LATEST ARTICLES] Ace Your Snatch Test While Getting Stronger

StrongFirst

Break through a plateau in your S&S training (and applying the same principles will help with other programs, too):

Read - perhaps this is a plan you can use right now and for the next 3 months.

Training for your SFG Certification? Or just want to train as if you were?

Want a training program to help you get there?

-S-

-S-
@Jason Giles SFG - great article, interesting program that is going on my list of challenges for the upcoming year.

One question - when you prescribe "five clean and presses (long cycle)," does that mean performed without setting the bell down between reps, or performed as the GS long cycle C+J?

Probably a dumb question, sorry. I just haven't seen "long cycle" used to describe anything other than C+J. Thanks.

-S-
@Jason Giles SFG great article, thank you!

@Jason Giles SFG - great article, interesting program that is going on my list of challenges for the upcoming year.

One question - when you prescribe "five clean and presses (long cycle)," does that mean performed without setting the bell down between reps, or performed as the GS long cycle C+J?

Probably a dumb question, sorry. I just haven't seen "long cycle" used to describe anything other than C+J. Thanks.
I believe it is a clean before each press instead of one clean and 5 presses.

This article was featured in a recent StrongFirst newsletter. (If you don't get the newsletter, go here to start receiving it.)

Two recent articles:

Deepen your understanding of the principle important to both strength and flexibility:

A real-world example of a champion lifter using Second Wind techniques for success in competition:

There is a link to the author's previous article on this same subject within the most recent article - good to read both.

Some great tips and tricks for breaking through a press plateau.

I did benefit and got stronger during group lessons that I took for two months during last summer. The instructors helped me to fix mistakes in my technique, volume of exercises was much bigger then I do at home on my own. Plus to see others doing it too is a good motivation, especially when there were even women stronger then me. I really do recommend that to everyone. I was going on my own for about two years with texts and videos enjoying myself, I didn't have the courage to take the lessons, but when I finally did it, it was awesome and exciting and very beneficial for me. Of course I'm speaking about lessons under Strong First.

Get stronger _and_ ace your SFG snatch test - here's how:

It's an honour to have an article of mine published on the StrongFirst website.

If anyone has any comments or questions on this piece, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Feel free to send me a PM here on the Forum, on Instagram @theharrywestgate, or send an email to hw.pt@outlook.com.

Back
Top Bottom