all posts post new thread

The Long way to Sinister

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Tjerr

Level 6 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
- 34 year old male, full time personal trainer
- 2 kids and a wife
- no known injuries
- definitely a fool for 'Shiny Objects'

Goal:
- 1/2 bodyweight Press
- Sinister

Program: modified Enter The Kettlebell Plus.
I really like this program, but because of the length of the original article, I find it difficult to completely adhere to it. Especially the weights in the article, if I can do a heavy weight for 3, why should I use 50% of the weight for max of 5 reps, with an added time constraint.

Adaptation:
- I'm using the weight ladders from Fabio's 'Simple strength for difficult times - part 2'
- Ballistic day: the heavy day I will use the original ladders. The medium and easy day I will use a A+A variation
- Active recovery: I do 5x 1+1 Get up in Step cycle format on Sundays.
- A Barbell Military Press in Press category.
- A Barbell Zercher Squat in Squat category.
- More variation in squat exercises.

After reading Things are going so wel, help me screw it up, I am going to focus on Sinister training via S&S 2.0. The article describes that the first time using S&S you can add a 15-30 minute practice before the S&S session. So I'm going to add 15 minutes of practice in kettlebells, barbells, maces and clubbells and will finish of with the swings and Get Up's.

Sinister is something I had on my mind for a long time, and started it in the first lockdown. After breaking my toes switched to Rite Of Passage. As someone who's a lot of time in the gym, I would like to show the results of just focussing (really focussing) on just two exercises and reap the benefits and WTH effects. In contrary toward the mentality of varying a standing bicep curl for a seated bicep curl every 4 week (brett jones joke). When I switched from almost Solid (40 kg) to Rite of Passage, I noticed that my pressing strength was really low after only swings and get ups. So this time, I want to spent a little focus on maintaining my press strength and frequently practice all the modalities i'm using in my sessions with actual clients. Just maintaining the groove and enjoy.

Last edited:
Day 1:

5' Seesaw Press: 24+24: TRM Test: 11 per arm.
Ladder: 3-4-TRM test 11-3
6' Double Lunges: 24+24: known TRM 11 per leg.
Ladder: 3-4-7-3
8' Double Clean & Press: 24+24: TRM test: 11.
Ladder: 3-4-TRM test 11-3-4
8' Rope (with a towel) Pull Up's: TRM Test: 11 & 11.
Ladder: 3-4-TRM Test left 11: 3-4- TRM Test Right 11.

Pull ups should have added weight, but grip for now is the limiting factor.

Last edited:
Ballistic day:
14 repeats of 5 with 28 kg snatch
12 repeats of 5/3 single 28 jerk.
24.35 minutes

- Dropped the jerks to 3 because it was about 12/15 sec work. 3 reps was perfect for 10s of work.
- Originally this was 60% day, but have to figure out what the difference will be regarding 80% day on Friday.
- Sore from yesterday's training!

Last edited:
First S&S session from this cycle.

Practice before was educating my colleaque's on SF principles with kettlebells and usage of clubs and maces with clients.

10 x 10 One-arm Swing
10 x 1 Get Up
41.40, was really quiet on the floor, so took the oppertunity to train and really took my time. But had to take some phone calls, some questions, so probably closer to 30 minutes if I don't count the distractions.

Push session!
10 X 10 @ 24
10 X 1 @ 24
10.54 total time, timed the swings every 30s, 1 min rest, 10 min timer for the Get Up's but used only 4.54 of them.

Felt really good, especially after having a collision with my bicycle with a scooter. Wrists are sore, pinky especially, hands tight, knees a little scraped. A little while ago I over trained my fingers with a mace, resulting in several trigger fingers, and swings really helped. So wanted to try swings to see if it loosened up the hands and it did!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom