all posts post new thread

Old Forum The proper swing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

IvanK

Level 2 Valued Member
So, like I said elsewhere it's quite a while I started studying S&S but after a couple of weeks I'm still trying to do a decent two hands swing. The main problem is that I tend to lose the rhythm (I push the hips before or after the right moment, that I think it's when the kettlebell is somewhere in front of your knees) and I wanted to ask: is it normal that i "feel" more the lumbar muscles than the gluteus and legs ones after a set?

If you could shoot some video and show us what your swing looks like there are many fine people on here that would certainly provide you with some feedback.

In the absence of video I would say be carefull that you are not squatting your swing. too much knee flexion will increase stress on the low back. You should be attacking your zipper with your down swing, and hinging back without alot of knee flexion.

2 cents

Is the bell too light?  I've found its easy to be way off on your form and rhythm when the bell is way too light.

Probably I'm squatting a bit, I'm trying to correct that, not that simple.
Yes it's a 12kg I already had, I thought that would be better to learn the basics but today I bought a 16kg because I guessed it could be exactly that the problem (besides I'm 87kg).

Use the butt wall touch drill to learn to push the hips back.... I usually do a minute or so of that before my swings everyday.

Anyway with the 16kg kettlebell I don't lose the rhythm anymore, it was definitely a weight problem.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom